Investing in renewable energy is one of the most important steps your organization can take to help facilitate the global transition to clean energy. Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs) represent all of the environmental, social and other positive attributes of the power produced from renewable energy sources (Solar, Wind, etc.), but not the power itself. For every megawatt-hour of renewable electricity generated, one RECs is produced. By purchasing and pairing RECs with your electricity, it allows you to support renewable energy no matter where you source your power. This is a fast, efficient, and an internationally recognized way to meet your 100% renewable energy targets worldwide. Importantly, RECs also provide additional funding and revenue sources to renewable energy developers and projects to help them compete with traditional energy sources.
Renewable energy certificates (RECs) enable businesses, organizations, and individuals to reduce the environmental impact of their energy use and support renewable energy projects in North America. Other parts of the world have similar products, for example, in Europe, the equivalent renewable energy instrument is called a Guarantee of Origin (CO).
How it Works
- GreenPrint develops and operates turnkey, branded, and affordable renewable energy programs.
- We purchase and retire RECs, GOs, and other relevant instruments to match up to 100% of the energy used by your business, for a particular location, or to produce a specific product.
- By purchasing RECs your company is entitled to claim renewable energy consumption. All results are transparent and 3rd party certified.
- We then go the extra step and develop and execute marketing and outreach campaigns to help you tell the story. GreenPrint is your partner behind the scenes – we make sustainability easy. Contact us to learn more.
- Create a competitive differentiator
- Promote social responsibility to consumers
- Build goodwill among employees
- Turnkey and Certified
- Flexible reductions let you choose goals (e.g. 20%, 50% or 100% renewable energy)
- Reduce your carbon emissions without leaving your utility
- Preempt regulatory pressure